The facelift surgery is a tried and true solution for minimizing signs of aging in the lower face, but newer, more advanced techniques can often deliver even better results. Injectable fillers are also popular because they are quick and non-invasive, but the benefits only go so far. Leading plastic surgeon Dr. Renato Calabria has spent two decades perfecting facial rejuvenation with modern approaches, including the use of stem cells, to produce optimal and lasting results. Stem cell regeneration works from the inside out, rebuilding and plumping the skin for a healthier and more youthful facial aesthetic.
Dr. Calabria strives to deliver high-quality enhancement that appears natural and complements the contours of the face. With the stem cell facelift surgery and the non-surgical facelift procedure (which also uses stem cell-enriched fat), patients can enjoy exceptional improvement and look as young on the outside as they feel on the inside.
What Is the Stem Cell Facial Rejuvenation?
The stem cell facelift surgery is a modern approach to facial rejuvenation that combines vertical facelift techniques and state-of-the-art stem cell fat grafting. This procedure can target imperfections such as jowls, sagging neck skin, and deep nasolabial folds (smile lines).
Benefits of the Stem Cell Facelift Surgery
Traditional facelift surgery can help smooth creases and remove sagging skin in the lower face, but it does not address lost facial volume or trigger collagen production. The advantages of stem cell facelift include:
- Stimulates collagen production
- Enhances jawline definition
- Replenishes facial volume
- Produces natural and long-lasting rejuvenation effects
- Results in faster recovery with minimal scarring
Length of Stem Cell Facelift Recovery
Due to the refined nature of the stem cell facelift, the recovery is much shorter than that of other, more invasive techniques. Stem cell facelift patients can usually return to their daily activities in two weeks, whereas those who opt for a traditional approach can expect a lengthy four to six week recovery period.
What Is the Non-Surgical Facelift?
The non-surgical facelift is a state-of-the-art procedure that can be performed using local anesthesia. During this minimally invasive treatment, stem cell-enriched fat is injected into the target areas of the face to smooth poor skin texture and restore lost facial volume. Patients with minimal skin laxity may be ideal candidates for this procedure.
Benefits of the Non-Surgical Facelift Procedure
When a patient desires a more youthful appearance but does not have excess or sagging skin to remove, non-surgical treatment can help them achieve their cosmetic goals. Dermal fillers are frequently used to correct volume loss and smooth textural irregularities, but utilizing stem cell-enriched fat produces superior results. The advantages of the non-surgical facelift procedure include:
- Produces natural improvement that lasts
- Restores facial volume in hollowed areas of the face
- Creates a smoother, firmer skin surface
- Does not require major surgery
- Results in a quick recovery and no scarring
Length of Non-Surgical Facelift Recovery
Unlike injectable treatment, the non-surgical facelift does require some downtime because liposuction is performed to harvest fat. The non-surgical facelift does not involve creating incisions in the skin or the use of general anesthesia, however, so patients can resume their normal routine two weeks after their procedure. Any residual bruising and swelling should resolve within three weeks.
Harvesting Stem Cells
To ensure the stem cell facelift and the non-surgical facelift produce successful and long-lasting results, the fat that is removed with liposuction must be purified. Processing the fat using advanced closed system devices removes debris, excess fluid, and weaker cells, leaving behind the healthiest and most effective stem cell-enriched fat.
What Stem Cells Can Do
- Cell regeneration: Stem cells help with cell regeneration, which helps rejuvenate the treated area from the inside out. During a stem cell or non-surgical facelift procedure, the processed fat stimulates regenerative responses and rebuilds the structure of the skin for natural and lasting effects.
- Angiogenesis: The revascularization of fat grafts is essential for a successful stem cell and non-surgical facelift procedure. Angiogenesis is the physiological process that forms new blood vessels, which supports the fat transfer process and makes the graft a living part of the treated area.
Extracting Stem Cells
- Celution® System: This closed system device is designed to purify and extract stem cell-enriched cells from fat that has been manually harvested using liposuction. Celution® utilizes collagenase enzymes to process the fat and separate autologous stromal vascular cells from the fat. It also involves using a sterile centrifuge machine to refine the tissue further.
- Puregraft: Puregraft is another closed system device that removes impurities in fat that has been removed via liposuction. This approach results in highly concentrated, stem cell-enriched fat for durable results. Unlike Celution®, this device does not necessitate machinery, like a centrifuge.
For more information about the stem cell facelift surgery, the non-surgical facelift procedure, or other facial rejuvenation procedures, schedule a consultation with Dr. Calabria by calling his Beverly Hills office at 310.730.1928.